Sunday 12 June 2016

White Heat

I'm trying out a new resin.


My previous supplier has decided to drop it from his range so I've searched around and ordered a similar product from another firm.

They charge an arm and a leg for delivery - a flat fee which works out at around 30 percent of the cost of the product - but the actual resin itself should be better value for money.

I've rather pushed the boat out and ordered in bulk - well at least in my terms - but the bottles I have received contain four times as much gunk as the size I was using before.

To give it a try a couple of evenings ago I decided to cast a few table and chair sets for me new Superbarn.

The first thing that struck me is that this chemical combo has a much reduced 'pot life' compared to the previous stuff - it was going opaque inside the mould within a minute of being poured.

Some of that may have been because it was a very warm and slightly humid evening.

It also dries to a bright white colour whereas my previous resin set to various shades of cream depending upon how long it had been in the bottle.

First impressions, however, are that it will be an adequate like-for-like replacement.

It needs to be given that I am somewhat over-stocked with it!



No comments:

Post a Comment