Saturday 18 June 2016

Chicken And Egg

What carriage should come first?

That's the question I'm posing this weekend.



Harbour Station's pride and joy 150 and its more humble companion 125 come as a unit.

As grand as it is, 150 is no use without being marshalled in a train with a vehicle with a brake setter. (And essential comfort facilities for its First Class passengers.)

They're next on my agenda after I've finished the Superbarn saloon 117 but the question is which should I build first?

In reality it was the Obs which was the first to emerge from Boston Lodge, although it was not fully fitted out for over a year.

The Service Car, however, would be the more straight-forward project from a modelling perspective.

I have a few weeks to mull it over, so in the meantime I'll open it up to you to let me know which one you'd like to see me tackle next.




3 comments:

  1. given the excitement of having an APT-E turbine for a generator - well the noise fro the fan anyway I think the side grills will change before three long as gene set overheats in a blink of an eye... 150 might well be a better bet

    ReplyDelete
  2. In or Out,
    Chicken or Egg ?

    Decisions, decisions ...

    I can say, having stood in the real 150, I am eager to see a model ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete