Thursday 24 September 2015

Out Of Practice

A fresh consignment of resin has arrived so I've begun work on this big order for the FR shop,  but it's not going as smoothly as you might imagine.


When it comes to casting you need to be in the grove and after a number of months away from it it's been a but hit and miss so far.

It's taken me 2 days (or at least the bit of the day I have available) to cast the buts for 3 B wagons with a 1/3 wastage rate so far.

I've had all the usual niggles: casts that don't set right because I misjudged the 50:50 mix, air bubbles in awkward doors that can't really be filled and times when the cover had lifted so half of it goes missing.

The autumn climate (and my stubborn refusal to put the heating on yet mean I've also had one that went all bubbly, necessitating the use of a dehumidifier.

We'll get there in the end though.

No comments:

Post a Comment