Monday 20 April 2015

Subsidence

I've had house number 23 returned to me and you can see at a glance how chopping down the foundations to fit it on the layout for the show at Crawley has ruined my carefully engineered connection with number 22.


The remedy, of course, is to chop a similar amount off the bottom of number 22 but it will have to be done with care to ensure that the garage wall on the house on the left fits snugly beneath the overhang on 23 as it did previously.

A view from the back - which is the side the public doesn't see at exhibitions, shows that number 23 has acquired a patio now.


I think what I will do is finish the roof work on number 22 to bring it to the same point as the first house before I add the guttering detail to both of them at the same time.

1 comment: