Wednesday 22 April 2015

Himself's Hieroglyphics

I've been treated to a visit by Himself and, as usual, he has brought goodies.

This time, however, it's going to require a little, erm, interpretation...


Somewhere in there are the vital statistics of the new-fangled FR Observation Carr 150 which he jotted down on a scrap of paper for me on an undercover mission to the inner sanctum of Boston Lodge Works.

For those not familiar with this carriage here's a shot of it under construction a couple of months ago - it has advanced considerably since then.


As you can see it is a rather unusual vehicle and I'm going to need all the information I can muster when I come to attempt to make a model of it.

I'm still hopeful that I may be able to obtain copy of the official drawings from one of my moles in Meirionydd,  but if that's not possible - and I've already come across examples of back-of-a-fag-packet construction in recent years - then these measurements will at least allow me to make a stab at it.

That's all for the future, however. Right how there are houses to be built...

No comments:

Post a Comment