Saturday 13 September 2014

One Week To Go

My personal and professional lives are currently dominated by the countdowns to some momentous events.

Here in Scotland we're all going to be taking a rather fundamental constitutional decision in the referendum on Thursday and my job is to tell the nation all about it on the wireless.

Then on Saturday we'll be unveiling the completed Bron Hebog at the exhibition in Woking - full details are on the Exhibition Diary page if you haven't already seen then.

The layout will complete in terms of the track layout and the full extent of it but it's by no means finished.

However I'm very pleased that Himself has put in a lot of hard work over the last few days to complete the basic scenic layer of wild grass on all the new boards so at least the layout won't have any big, glaring sections of brown painted plaster.


This is the view of the Rhyd Ddu end taken from the operators position behind the layout. The big brown expanse you see in the foreground is part of the fiddle yard which has yet to be hidden behind a backscene.

I only wish I could be there in Woking myself to see it, but duty - and democracy - calls! I'm going to have to wait a few weeks more until our second show of the year in Hull.

No comments:

Post a Comment