Monday 14 April 2014

Undercoat

I've begun the process of painting the three Super Barns I'm building for a client.

Here's one of them in a coat of red primer.


This is the colour I spray the South African wagons with but I've never used it on carriages before having always gone for a grey.

Given that I have three carriages to finish I'm hoping to reduce the labour time by spraying one of the colours on - the cream - which should be easier and faster than doing so by hand because it's awful fiddly getting it around all those little window frames along the top and it usually takes at least two if not three coats.

My hope is that even with a dark red base the cream from the can will go on a little faster and the red, which I will apply by hand, should be helped by this undercoat colour.


No comments:

Post a Comment