Saturday 19 October 2013

Casting Off

I am going to take a wee break from resin casting.

I have just finished producing a batch of 10 DZ wagon kits for the FR shop, the first consignment having sold out, following on from making fresh supplies of B wagons and the new ballast wagon kit for sale there as well.

I've done some back-of-the-envelope calculations and I reckon that over the last 9 months I have knocked out - at a conservative estimate - more than 80 individual kits. (If I totted it up properly and included those I made for myself it probably tops a 100.)

When you break down each kit into its component parts then I have certainly cast more than 1000 pieces so far this year.

I think I deserve a little rest and, what's more, a chance to make a model for myself again.

So, I'm going back to my favourite game of playing catch-up with the Boston Lodge carriage builders and plan to set about building a model of Super Barn 108 which entered traffic this summer.


For this purpose I have liberated our model of the prototype Super Barn 103 from storage down south to use as a template so as to ensure that this third one looks vaguely like the first two.

In the meantime, if you're interested in buying one of  my kits, the FR shop would be delighted to hear from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment