Sunday 18 August 2013

Ready At Last

After many months of patient design work the final components to complete the NGY ballast wagon kits arrived last week - the etched brass frets with the bogies, the hand wheels and the cogs for the ballast door mechanism.


I was surprised and delighted to discover the company which carries out the etching is based here in Scotland in Lochgilphead in Argyll, which is rather ironic when you consider that they are normally sent as part of a larger batch of etches down to Narrow Planet HQ on the south coast of England before being sent back up across the border to me here in Ayrshire.

And I then sent then on their travels, yet again, as part of the kits.

(The Royal Mail's doing rather well out of this little cottage industry!)

So in the last few days I have been able to dispatch the first batch of kits to customers who placed advanced reservations.


If you would like to see what one of the kits looks like made up take a look at the Boston Largs Works blog where I have posted some snaps of a wagon I completed for a client.

No comments:

Post a Comment