Sunday 28 April 2013

Tool Van Progress

I've had my fill of houses for the moment so last week I gave a bit more attention to the WHR Tool Van.

If you recall, this is a sort of shed-on-wheels which was plonked onto a stripped-down DZ wagon.

The latest developments are the doors at the 'platform' end of the wagon, the roof, and the handrail at the end.


The handrail is just resting in place in its locating holes, by the way. It's not really that wonky.


I'm rather pleased with the way the handrail has turned out.

Soldering is still a comparatively new skill for me and this handrail had to be fabricated from 7 bits of brass wire of different sizes.

The challenge, of course, is to not melt all your other joints as you add each subsequent bit.


I have no doubt that expert solderers will scoff at those joints but it will do for me for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment