Monday 8 October 2012

Trial & Error

The first test etch for the bogies and brake bits of the DZ wagons has arrived from Narrow Planet.


It's only now that I see it in three dimensions that I realise I didn't quite ask for the right thing.

The bogie frame outline isn't quite right - which is entirely my fault - so I've had to ask for the design to be tweaked and another trial etch is being done before I commit to the production run.

The brake wheels, however, have come out perfectly.

It is much to Narrow Planet's credit that their professionalism and determination to get this right is matched only by their forbearance of my complete inability to ask for what I want properly, the first time.

1 comment:

  1. Good to know your cutting mat is as trashed as mine. v2 is in the post as I type.

    ReplyDelete