Sunday 8 January 2012

A Little One To One

I've been back working in 4mm scale in the last few days. Gosh, it seems awfully small after building all these 7mm giants!

The carriage in question is 121, the new 'super barn' being built at Boston Lodge right now.



Here you can see the one of the bodysides at the first stage of the build.



The new 121 (there was a 1980's tin car that formerly bore than number) is supposedly identical to the new 103. I say supposedly because there's no such thing as identical where the FR carriage fleet is concerned.

I'm taking a bit of a risk in starting work on 121 before the real carriage has been finished and enters service, but I can see enough so far from pictures of the carriage under construction to be sure that the pattern of the windows is the same as 103, which is why I'm making these sections first.

There are some minor alterations to the design, according to my sources at Boston Lodge, who've told me the windows in the ends of the carriage are just a little bit taller than on 103.

If you've been reading this blog from the start you'll know that I had my fingers very badly burned with 103 when with the model 90% finished I discovered that the drawing of the carriage I had smuggled out of Boston Lodge for me was wrong! You can read all about it here

Hopefully 121 will be more straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment