Tuesday 22 November 2011

The Big One

My first 7mm scale carriage, a model of FR Observation Carr 100, is finally finished and has been submitted to the tender mercies of the Royal Mail to be delivered to its new home in the Highlands of Scotland.

Himself has blown a coat of matt varnish over it with his airbrush and the glazing has been slipped into place.

And that's about all there is to say, other than that building this model has been a real eye-opener for me and if I was starting modelling the FR again from scratch again I think I would definitely go up a size to 7mm.

Do you like it?


1 comment:

  1. Looks nice. Personally, I'd have been tempted by a satin varnish for 7mm scale but it depends what you are asked for and how it looks on the model. Of course, once you've built every other coach on the FR because your customer likes this one so much, maybe it won't matter !

    ReplyDelete