Tuesday 29 November 2011

Back To The Drawing Board

I'm about to make a start on a follow up commission for the other WHR Pullman carriage 'Bodysgallen' now that I've completed 99% percent of the construction work on 'Glaslyn'

This was built by Winson Engineering, like the other five original carriages, but it was a metre longer and arrived a year later.

I've never had a works drawing for this vehicle and so I made my 4mm scale model from measurements of the carriage I took myself in the shed at Dinas. So as you can see I am having to produce my own scaled up design for a 7mm model.



The drawing board, incidentally, is one of the best purchases I've ever made as a aid to scratch building. Yes, I know there are free computer programmes like SketchUp out there but I'm quite happy back here in the 20th century thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment