Saturday 15 October 2011

Pullman Progress

Here's a shot to show progress on the 7mm model of 'Glaslyn' I'm making for a client.

I probably should have posed it next to a coin or some other everyday object to give you more of a sense of the size of the carriage: it is over a foot long but looking at this picture you could be forgiven for thinking it is a 009 model.



The domed end to the roof on this carriage is a big challenge. It fills a considerably larger area and is much shallower than on other FR /WHR carriages and is one of those bit of a model that you're continually tinkering with. Each time I go over it with the wet and dry paper I walk away satisfied, then return a while later, squint at it from all angles and pick it up and give it another going over, and so the process is repeated.

I shall have to call time on this palaver soon, however, because I can't get on with the next bit - fitting the two window pillars at the front - until the roof unit is glued in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment