Wednesday 6 July 2011

Stone Me!

In between weekends spent cutting down trees above the Moelwyn Tunnel and greasing the points on the FR & WHR, Himself has also been managing to get a little of the important work done!

The paint job on the Romanian ballast wagon's been progressing steadily. Here it is with most of the black bits now coloured black and the most obvious lettering applied with transfers.



I don't think there's a lot of hope of being able to replicate all the hieroglyphics that pass for control instructions on the panel on the end of the wagon.



With there being only two models of this wagon in existence as far as I know (both built by me as it happens) I don't think there's much of a market for a commercial transfer designer / manufacturer to produce some.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Rob,

    Transfers: Get in touch with John Peck at Precision Labels (http://www.precisionlabels.com/) he should be able to produce you some custom transfers at a very reasonable price. His work is of stunning quality as well.

    Hope that helps,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd echo Bruce's comments - John is a consumate professional. I should imagine you'll be surprised at how reasonable he is for a custom job like this :) I've used him in both 4mm and 15mm scales!

    ReplyDelete