Saturday 16 July 2011

Corridor Connections

A while ago I promised to post a demo of how I make my carriage corridor connections. Sorry it's taken me so long to get round to writing it but here it is.

So, the ingredients...

1 piece of strip 40" x 100"
2 pieces of 15" x 100"
1 piece of 15" x 40"



Join the piece of 15 x 40 upright onto one of the 15 x 100 pieces. I press them up against my set square to get a nice flush joint.



Then I fix the piece of 40 x 100 on the other side, keeping the overlap as small as possible..



Turn it over now and use the remaining piece of 15 x 100 to bridge the gap...



The last job is to file off the square edges to make the box shape we have look something more like the folded over piece of rubber on the real thing.

I find a miniature hand vice just the job for this bit, and I use wet and dry paper to do the filing...



Repeat for the other side and a shorter one for across the top, and that's how I make my corridor connections.

1 comment:

  1. Do you model all three variations of FR corridor connections - or just a generic style..?

    ReplyDelete