Wednesday 25 May 2011

All Together Now

I found some time this morning for a short session on the pair of Barns I'm building for a client.

I'd finished detailing the sides last week and they had been stored in photo album beneath some heavy books to keep them vaguely flat. (The action of the solvent on the styrene makes them curl up a little.)

Before they could be glued into a box shape I added the corridor connection pieces onto the ends and mounted some blocks on the rear of the sides to set the floor at the right height.



The next job was to make a floor and the flat false roof which keep the assembly nice and square from now on.

Incidentally, is anyone interested in some step-by-step details of how I go about making the FR corridor connections out of styrene?

2 comments:

  1. Yes please!! I am building stock for my model of Tanybwlch (first outing at the Northampton Model Railway show on 24th July) Any help will be more than gratefully received!
    Nigel
    ncs2002uk@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree! I've been looking for ways to build corridor connections for quite a while.
    Charlie

    ReplyDelete